– We help in rehabilitation of a little boy who was born with cerebral palsy, spastic quadriparesis and has epilepsy. Every day he makes little progress through rehabilitation. Now he moves on all fours, he hears well, makes contact with individual syllables. Little James is being raised by a single mother. Despite the suffering and pain is a very happy boy. Doctors give him a good chance of walking by himself. We need to help him.
– We funded rehabilitation of a seriously ill boy. His name is Cris. He is 10 years old. He was born with respiratory failure, encephalopathy in the form of delayed development in all spheres, epilepsy and microcephaly. A single mother takes care of him, she lacks resources for his rehabilitation;
– We assist in the treatment of three-year-old Filip diagnosed with brain damage (MBD), delayed sensomothoric development, psychomotor hyperactivity and epilepsy. He is being brought up by a single mother who can not afford the rehabilitation of her son. She seeks help everywhere to ensure her child’s treatment and proper development;
-We support the treatment of 3.5-year-old Peter, who suffers from severe liver damage and impaired copper economy. He is an autistic child. He also neads expensive medical analysis because there is a suspicion of the Wilson’s disease. Boy’s little sister is a disabled child. Expenditures for maintenance and frequent travels to doctors give lack of money for basic things, so we help in treatment and fund meals for children in kindergarden;
– We aid in treatment of a little boy suffering from cerebral palsy. Spasticity of muscles causes him graat pain and body deformities. Grześ does not walk by himself and does not speak. His older brother is also a child with disabilities, has problems with hearing and is neurologically impaired;
– We help little Agatka and Kate whose father had an accident. He is in a vegetative state. He was the sole breadwinner of the family,so now they suffer great poverty;
– We fund rehabilitation and therapy for a boy who had an accident and suffered extensive brain and body trauma. Doctors did not give him chance of survival. After waking up from a coma there was no contact with him, he must learn how to walk, speak and write. Wojtek with is mother and brother live in difficult conditions, his brother suffers from schizophrenia, their father is dead. With the rehabilitation Wojtek starts to pronounce words and learns how to move his legs;
– We support the treatment and nutritional recovery of a boy suffering from autism and developmental delays. The child is also diagnosed due to suspected Candida infection. Lately the child has the infections more often, and because he is allergic to certain antibiotics and administered medicines are very expensive. The boy’s mother is struggling with a very difficult financial situation. There sometimes lack money even for food.
– We help a little boy – Janek suffering from Peter`s disease and his two siblings. These children are in a particularly difficult situation. Their father in connection with reduction of workplaces lost his job and strongly tries to find new one. They are very poor. The request for children support we got from the school director, who noticed the difficult situation and malnutrition of the children;
– We assist in the rehabilitation of 6-year-old girl who was born with hypoxia at birth and suffers from cerebral palsy. The girl cannot sit or walk. Parents of the girl are practicing with her every day and they get better and better contact with the child, but she still requires constant rehabilitation to become the more independent in the future;
– We helped in buing orthopedic and rehabilitation mattress for a little girl – Mary – who suffers from cerebral palsy. She is in a wheelchair, and after surgery suffers great pain. The mattress gives relief in her suffering and avoid deformation of the joints;
– Tom is a disabled boy. His mother has undergone a surgery to remove the colon as she had a cancer . As a result, radiation caused a damage to some internal organs, which is associated with severe pain. They lack the resources to buy medications. We help in the treatment of Tom’s mother.
We assist in the treatment and nutritional recovery of two disabled girls suffering from epilepsy and mental retardation. Their father died in a tragic accident. The girls are brought up by a single mother. The older girl moves in a wheelchair. The girls often suffer form recurring infections. They lack money for medicine, food …
– We help two little boys, one of whom suffers from heart disease, the other is a child with disabilities who also has kidneys illness. The children suffered from domestic violence.
– We bought a rehabilitation bed for a disabled boy who suffers from cerebral palsy. With the rehabilitation little Oskar is making very good progress in walking and speaking, but when he leaves house, especially in autumn and winter, very painful ear infections and bronchitis recurs. Parents lack the resources for treatment. To enable the boy making progress through rehabilitation it needs to be done at home, so it was necessary to purchase the medical equipment.
– We also help Simon, who has a defect of the central nervous system, which results in paralysis of the foot and problems with concentration and speech. Simon went through two operations. It was a very hard and painful time for him. After 4 months of immobilization in gypsum he began to walk in the prosthesis. What is needed is a rehabilitation so that the boy could walk independently. Simon is very brave, we must help him .
– We help a young boy – Patrick – who had a car accident which resulted in losing the ability to move. He has spinal trauma. Patrick is “chained to bed”. He needs rehabilitation, treatment, medical equipment, muscle stimulator, mattress against decubitus, proper nutrition… His family lives in a very difficult situation …
– We help in rehabilitation of six-year-old girl with a heart defect, visual and psychomotor delay. Her mother sees progress in the treatment of the girl and so much depends on further assistance;
– We support the treatment of children in the family, where three of them are disabled, lying, requiring constant care. Their mother is barely coping, they lack practically everything..;
– We support the treatment of a boy who is after complete anoxia of the brain. He requires constant care in all activities. He is being brought up by a single mother;
– We help a disabled girl with respiratory illness and impaired speech. Jola is being brought up by a single mother who is seriously ill. They also live with grandmother suffering from schizophrenia;
– We help in the treatment of 8-year-old boy who suffers from cerebral palsy in the form of quadriplegia. He also has epilepsy, hydrocephalus and has a profound hearing impairment. He underwent cardiac surgery. Patrick requires constant rehabilitation and assistance. The drugs for him are very expensive. The boy’s mom boy is on disability pension. They need help.
– We helped a seriously ill little girl from a poor family who had to be transported to hospital in Warsaw, as treatment at the hospital in the province did not help. Her parents had no money for the transport, and she would not be able to travel by train. We organized a treatment in a hospital near Warsaw and the transport;
– We help 2-year-old girl, brought up by her grandmother who is seriously ill. She is trying to ensure the maintenance from her low pension. The little girl is often sick, she needs medicaments, diapers, food ..;
– We bought rehabilitation equipment for a boy suffering from autism. Kamil’s family live in a very difficult situation. His father is seriously ill. They can not afford the treatment and rehabilitation of the child. We also donate food parcels as they are very poor.
– We assist in the treatment of 8-year-old boy suffering from cerebral palsy and kidney disease. Peter doesn’t walk by himself. He is being brought up by single mother who also has health problems and the boy is too heavy for her to carry him. In addition, Peter was diagnosed with epilepsy, for which medication is very expensive.
– We help in treatment of 4-year-old girl struggling with respiratory illness and her 7-year-old brother who suffers from a disease of the nervous system. Their mother is also very ill. The father tries to find a job because the company where he previously worked for a long time did not pay salaries to employees;
– We finance the rehabilitation of eight-year-old Julita. She is a disabled girl, has psychomotor retardation, suffers from epilepsy, albinism, vision problems. The little girl is not walking by herself and does not speak. She requires continuous rehabilitation, thanks to which she is making good progress.
– We help Cornelia who has 4 years old. She was born with a heart defect and psychomotor delay . She was also diagnosed with epilepsy. Cornelia’s mother must raise her and her sister alone. Thanks to intensive rehabilitation Cornelia already sits alone, stands with backup, and now she learns to walk.
– We helped a family with two ill children who are in a very difficult financial situation. The father got ill, has neurological problems, memory losses, often loses consciousness and therefore can not continue working. Mother due to lack of orders at work received no payment. The situation of the family is very difficult.
– We help little Andrew who is disabled and visually impaired. He has a little sister. Their father because of accident is disabled and has only a pension. Their mother recently broke her leg and can not perform the part-time job from which, in addition to the pension, they could maintain;
-We help in treatment of a little girl – Małgosia – who suffers from early childhood paralysis and epilepsy, she has difficulty walking;
– Our Foundation helped also in rehabilitation of 9-year-old boy who suffers from autism, cannot speak and t is not stand-alone in many activities;
– We help in the treatment of a boy suffering from schizophrenia, asthma and neurological problems. The child requires constant care. The family is in a very difficult financial situation, they do not have enough money to travel to doctors, buy medicines and proper food …
– We helped in the treatment of a woman suffering from multiple sclerosis with a progressive paralysis of the limbs and abdominal muscle weakness. Being very poor she was saving money for rehabilitation for more than three years;
– We are funding the rehabilitation of 3.5-year-old boy diagnosed with the sensorimotor development disorders, signs of brain damage (MBD), and psychomotor hyperactivity. Little James is being raised by a single mother. The boy must be treated for epilepsy, for which drugs are very expensive. They need help.
– We assist in the rehabilitation of five-year-old Karolinka, who was born with a heart defect, respiratory failure, strokes, intracranial, muscle tensioen. She is visually impaired. The girl needs care in all activities. Father works, however, he is not able to earn a reasonable amount to ensure the rehabilitation of the child;
– We bought rehabilitation equipment for Sebastian, who was born prematurely with ischemic encephalopathy and tetraparesis. Sebastian is nearly blined and yet doesn’t walk himself. But he has a perfect hearing and is a very cheerful boy, which allows his parents to more easily bear his serious illness.
-We help in treatment of 7-year-old Bartek who has epilepsy, autism and bowel disease. He is being brought up by a single mother who lack resources for the treatment of the child;
– We also help a family with a disabled boy. He had to undergo a difficult leg surgery. Parents do not have enough money to travel to doctors or to give the child appropriate treatment and nutrition. The children’s father is on a disability pension, his mother earns very little …
– We funded the repair of a wheelchair of 7-year-old boy suffering from cerebral palsy;
– We gave softly upholstered bed for seriously ill little girl who during her disease attack seriously injured her head hitting their own crib. She was admitted to hospital. Her mother could not afford to buy a couch. With new bed now she sleeps safely.
– More recently, social assistance worker asked us for help as there were born triplets. Their mother is alone and does not have enough money to buy vaccines for the children, which are very small and weak. It is necessary to purchase vaccines, so that they can develop properly without threats of diseases.
– Claudia is five years old. She was born in perinatal hypoxia after strokes in the brain. He suffers from cerebral palsy – spastic quadriparesis, epilepsy and gastro-oesophageal reflux. Claudia is still a child who cannot walk herself and has increased muscle tone. She is fed enterally – has established gastrostomy, which is associated with expensive special dressings and careful attention to avoid infections. She had five painful operations …. The best rescue for Claudia is an intensive rehabilitation, which gives great progress in her development, but her parents lack money to pay for it. Claudia’s picture
– We will help in financing rehabilitation of a boy suffering from Down syndrome. His mother is not able to collect enough money for it and she seeks help.
– We also help two little boys. One of them suffers from cerebral palsy. He doesn’t walk or speak yet. His brother is neurologically impaired and has hearing problems. The little boys also suffer from constantly recurring bronchitis and ear infections. Their parents often don`t have enough money for medications for the children …;
– We helped in purchasing rehabilitation equipment for a boy suffering from cerebral palsy and epilepsy. Emil is not walking himself, his eyes say more than his mouth can say. His mother has multiple sclerosis, his father has asthma. The situation of the family is very difficult.
– We also help Dominica, who is 5 years old and because of cerebral palsy she doesn’t walk herself and has a profound hearing loss and myopia. With rehabilitation the little girl is making a good progress in the development and her parents have better contact with her. She is a cheerful and smiling girl.
– We help disabled little boy who has mobility problems, he is being brought up only by his mother, they live in difficult conditions;
– We helped in purchase of medical equipment for a father, who after an accident, despite the discharge from the hospital, he returned due to septic shock and his life functions collapsed. He suffered a right hemisphere stroke, tetraparesis and complications after sepsis. He doesn’t walk or sit and requires constant help other people;
– We purchased coal for fuel for a very poor mother with two children who ale very often ill because of undertemperature, moisture and mold in their home;
– We buy medicaments for a family of three, where a son and parents are disabled due to ischemic heart disease, diabetic complications, paralysis of the limbs and progressive glaucoma. They are very poor;
– We give financial help for children`s surgeries;
– Fundation passes food parcels for children from poor families with ill child or parent. One of the many is a family in which the father has broken spine, suffers great pain and is not able to work. They get pension but often it is not enough even for buying basic things (after paying rent and basic fees it is 300 zlotys left to feed a family of four for a month and it is far too little money to buy medicines);
We also help children who lost parent or whose parents are seriously ill. Very often our assistance is addressed to the children who not only suffer from diseases, but also who experienced domestic violence. These children ares not provided with adequate assistance in treatment and care.
The situation of children described above and others is very difficult, their parents are not able to pay for the treatment of their child …
We could describe many more examples of our assistance…
These activities for children are carried out within the action “Emergency Service for Children,” in which through family curators, social welfare workers and priests we learn about the fate of the neediest children and we try to help them.
These and other children need further help.
John, Zosia, Mary, Ola and other children are waiting for help …
p.s. I often think of parents who are struggling with illness of their child. The treatment is often so expensive that whatever they do they are unable to pay for it… In these families often lack the basic necessities, not thinking about the money for a treatment… Mother and father experiencing enormous suffering, with all heart they would like to help their child, but do not have a possibility… It’s probably the biggest pain for mother and father …
We also help the elderly in very difficult situations. How often their day is limited to the view of four walls of their room. And poverty…, pensions are so low that they often have to choose between buying medicine or food. These people live very close to us, they are lonely, suffering from illnesses. For them even going down the stairs or going shopping causes great difficulty. For such people help in purchasing medicines and even more the presence of another person is a great joy. They can wait all day until someone comes to them, say a few warm words and give them a smile. We do not realize how difficult and sad is loneliness …